The PL7401 is an accurate fault tolerant electrical energy measurement IC intended for use in two-wire distribution systems. This approach provides superior stability and accuracy over extremes in environmental conditions and over time.
The PL7401 incorporates a fault detection scheme, which both warns of fault conditions and allows the PL7401 to continue accurate billing during a fault event. The Fault condition is detected by continuously monitoring both the phase and neutral (return) currents. A fault is indicated when these currents differ by more than 6.25%, and billing is continued using the larger of the two currents. Gain calibration between channels is adjusted external to this device
The PL7401 includes a power supply monitoring circuit on the VDD supply pin. Internal phase-matching circuitry ensures that the voltage and current channels are matched..
- Supports IEC 687/61036 International Energy Metering Specification a
- Four 16-bit, delta sigma Analog-to-Digital Converters(ADCs), Less than 0.1% Error over a Dynamic Range of 500 to 1
- Supplies Average Real Power Measurement for Single-Phase on the Frequency Outputs F1 and F2
- The Calibration and Instantaneous Real Power Can be Monitored through The High-Frequency Output CF
- Continuous monitoring of the phase and neutral current allows fault detection in 2-wire distribution systems
- Current channels input level best suited for current transformer sensors
- Uses the larger of the two currents (phase or neutral) to bill—even during a fault condition
- Continuous monitoring of the voltage and current inputs allows missing neutral detection
- Uses one current input (phase or neutral) to bill when missing neutral is detected
- Two Logic Outputs (FAULT and REVP) Can Be Used to Indicate a Potential Miswiring or Fault Condition
- Direct Drive for Two Phase Stepper Motors and Electromechanical Counters
- On-Chip Reference 2.5 V (30 ppm/℃Typical)
- 1P2W/1P3W KWH Meter with anti-Tamper feature.